Tuesday, November 29, 2011

DIY Magazine Holders

I don't actually know what these things are called, I just know I didn't really want to spend 15 dollars on one. So I had family sized boxes of cereal and I cut them out, painted them with acrylic paint and glued a pretty piece of scrapbook paper to one side and put mod podge all over it. I think it turned out pretty good. It wasn't sturdy enough so I cooked fajitas one night and took the box from that and cut it to fit inside the box, painted it with the same paint and glued it to the inside.


I don't have pictures of the cereal box because I didn't think about blogging about it when I was making it. I actually didn't decide to put the extra cardboard inside of it until about 2 months later.

This is the inside of it after. The cardboard doesn't fit inside perfectly, but it serves its purpose.




I got everything I used at Michaels. Well, except for the cereal box haha. I used Craft Smart paint in the colour espresso and just a piece of scrapbook paper from Michaels. I'm pretty pleased with it! I also made another one, same colour but a different picture. I may make more. I have a lot of magazines and books and things! Just have to wait to be finished my next box of cereal. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment