Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Unbearable Lightness by Portia De Rossi

I have been terribly, terribly busy lately. I haven't even been able to clean up my own house! When I do get free time, I'm too exhausted to do anything. But I guess that just comes with starting school! Which I have been loving, by the way.
I bought Unbearable Lightness by Portia De Rossi on my Kobo App on my iPod one day during a break in school when I was alone and bored. I must say, it was money well spent. I think I may buy a hard copy of it.
It was funny and heart wrenching at the same time. I cried multiple times during it. Just thinking about the things she went through and how it must have felt, I couldn't even imagine. I could almost relate to it, but not to the extent she went through. Not only did she go through hell with her eating disorder, but the hell she went through with her own sexuality was awful too. There were some pictures of her at 82 pounds somewhere towards the end, so sad. I recommend it to everybody. Every teenage girl (or boy) who might be struggling with self image or their sexuality. It's a real eye opener.
I've now started reading the Hunger Games Trilogy. I flew threw the first one within 3 days and now I'm part way through the second one. I can't get enough of it. I read it every single chance I get, which is really simple since I got that app on my iPod and my iPod is with me everywhere I go!
I just ordered a Glossy Box too. I was so disappointed when Luxe Box stopped accepting the only form of payment I had, but Glossy Box takes Paypal which is lovely! Can't wait to check it out.
And last but not least, I started using Proactiv just this morning. Praying that it works. My skin has been out of control for the past few months and I can't get it to calm down. It already feels better, but that could just be in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment