Thursday, December 22, 2011

Project 17 by Laurie Faria Stolarz


It actually took me about 6 hours to get through this book. It was a very easy book to read through. I wasn’t going to read it yet, but I decided since my boyfriend was in the hospital it would be fun to read because it’s a book about teenagers who break into Danvers State Hospital to film a movie.

I liked it, but it seemed like I was a bit old for it, ha ha. I did enjoy reading it, but it seemed like it was directed more too pre-teens. I don’t know if it actually was, but that’s how I felt about it. Publishers Weekly called it, “…Breakfast Club meets Blair Witch Project” and I think that just about sums it up.
The reason I even wanted to read the book is because Session 9 is one of my favourite movies ever and both this book and that movie are about Danvers State Hospital. It’s rumoured to have been the birthplace of the lobotomy. Creepy, right?

The beginning was a little lame, but the middle of it got scary, and the end was not the best. I really wanted to find out more about the patient/ghost that was mainly in the book, and also the girl Mimi’s grandmother who was a patient there. I feel like the author could have went into a deeper story line, but if I’m right about it being more of a “pre-teen” book than the author did a really good job. I wouldn’t really recommend it to anybody, unless they’re interested in reading things about Danvers State Hospital like me!

The next book I’m reading is The Truth About Diamonds by Nicole Richie. I am a huge fan of her, so I hope it’s good! I’m also in the middle of reading Under the Dome by Stephen King, but it’s going really slow because the book is huge and I can’t take it out anywhere. I don’t do much reading at home, usually in doctor’s offices and places like that so it’s sort of hard for me to find time to read it here. I thought I’d mention it anyway!

Thanks for reading. J

No comments:

Post a Comment