Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mile 81 By Stephen King

I hadn't planned on even reading Mile 81 today, but I had a very long wait at the dermatologists office after school today (45 minutes in the waiting room, 20 in the office before she even seen me!) and had it on my iPod so I decided to read it. I bought it from Kobo not too long ago, so I figured why not. First full book I read on my Kobo app!

It's about a boy who wants to prove to his older brother and friends that he can be daring. He sneaks into an old restaurant that was shut down and finds some vodka, drinks it and falls asleep. While he's asleep, a muddy car pulls up with no sign of anybody inside of it. Then, we slowly start getting introduced to different people right before the car eats them. In the end, the boy burns it with a magnifying glass and it flies away.

I thought this was a full novel when I started reading it. I got really interested in it, and then it ended! Ha ha. It was definitely a good book, especially if you're a Stephen King fan. I was surprised that it only took me 45 minutes to read so when I got home I looked up how long it was and found out it was actually a novella. I'm also a really fast reader, and I find reading things on an e-reader (or e-reader app) goes a lot faster.

There was an excerpt at the end from King's new novel, 11/22/63 but I haven't read it. I'm really looking forward to it, but I don't own it yet so I didn't want to read anything from it! I can't wait to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment